Asthma is difficulty in breathing due to narrowing of the small airways in the lings called the bronchioles. In older children and adults this narrowing causes a musical wheeze. In younger children the only symptom may be a cough that is usually worse at night. Most doctors would agree that asthma is on the increase, probably due to rising levels of pollution.
Causes of Asthma
Bronchioles have muscles in their walls. Under normal conditions these muscles are relaxed, allowing air to pass freely. If the airways are irritated, for example by cold air or smoke, the muscle contracts and the tube narrow. The muscle in the airways of asthmatics is abnormally sensitive and will contract at the least provocation. Apart from straight forward irritation, the three main provocations are infection, allergy and emotion. All will have some effect but the proportion caused by, say, allergy will vary from person to person. It is obviously a good idea to look at the causes before treating the symptoms.
The typical asthmatic will come from a family where hay fever and eczema are common. Cardiac asthma is caused by fluid accumulating in the lungs, making it difficult to breathe. This usually happens when the pumping action of the left side of the heart is reduced, resulting in congestion and increased pressure in the blood circulation through the lungs. It is usually a result of old age and can be caused by taking beta-blockers. The sufferer may be treated for heart failure or with bronchodilator drugs. In severe conditions its better to consult a doctor. But using natural foods can also be helpful to cure asthma.
Natural Foods and Tips to Cure Asthma
Omega-3 fatty acid
Omega-3 fatty acid daily for three weeks is very much beneficial to cure and treat asthma. The diet with omega-3 fatty acid experienced better lung function. Omega-3's is to help decrease inflammation in the body. Good omega-3 sources include salmon, tuna, and mackerel, which protect cells from damage.
Nigella Seeds and Arosa (Barg-e-Bansa)
If asthma causes due to Pulmonary infection or Pneumonia boil 2g Nigella seeds and 3g Arosa (Barg-e-Bansa) like tea and add honey in place of sugar. Drink this tea 4 times in a day. This is the best natural tip to cure asthma especially for children.
Honey is the best natural source to remove bacteria from our overall body which causes asthma. If you drink daily 1 cup or 1 glass of hot water with 1 teaspoon of Honey, best to cure from asthma naturally. Or you can add honey in your ginger tea too. It is an excellent tonic to cure asthma.
Aloe vera is the one and only best natural nutritional source to cure asthma naturally. Anti-inflammatory properties of aloe vera may beneficial for asthma patients. Daily blend 3-4 tablespoons of aloe vera fresh leaf jel in one glass of water and drink it with an empty stomach. You can add honey in it too.
Bitter gourd is best for asthma patients. Daily add a little amount of bitter gourd in your meal.
Figs has marvelous effects to treat Asthma naturally. It removes sputum from the Lungs and helps to easy breathing. Eating 3-4 soaked Figs daily best for Asthma patient.
Drinking 2-3 cups of coffee may reduce the symptoms of asthma naturally. Caffeine dilates combats and airway the natural tendency for lungs and makes breathing easier.
Fruits and Vegetables
Daily eating dark green leafy vegetables and fruits can provide beta carotene and lycopene, which are very useful to cure and treat asthma naturally. Spinach, avocado, sweet potatoes, cucumber, brinjal, tomatoes, onion, watermelon, lettuce, papaya and carrots are best to add in your daily diet.
Daily drinking 1 glass of orange juice or 1 cup of bell pepper juice, papaya juice, apple juice for vitamin C had significantly reduces shortness and wheezing of breath after working out.
What to Add and What to Avoid
- 1)There is some evidence to suggest that asthmatics are sensitive to particular foods. Sometimes an elimination diet, where specific foods are removed from the diet under medical supervision, may reveal that eggs, wheat, gluten or dairy products exacerbate the problem. For example, many asthmatics find that goat’s milk or soy-based dairy products suit them better than cow’s milk, and adapt their diet accordingly.
- 2)Obesity is associated with severe asthma, you want to take balanced to maintain a healthy weight. Daily consumption of fruits especially apples may protect from asthma.
- 3)Its better to cut off salt from your diet to cure asthma. An increase in zinc level in our body can cause asthma, fever, headache, excessive mucus and cough. Avoid adding foods with zinc.
- 4)Totally avoid smoking or exposure to cigarette smoke. Use polyester bed covers and pillows; others may increase your problem during sleep.
- 5)Many asthma sufferers are allergic to the house dust mite or more precisely, their faeces. These miniscule insects feed off household dust so to keep them bay, keep your house as dust free as possible.