Long hours at the screen can lead to all sorts of eye problems. The symptoms of computer vision include sore, tired, burning, itchy, watery or dry eyes, blurred or double vision, headaches and a sore neck. You may also have trouble when you try to move your focus between the monitor and papers on your desk. Some people notice increased light sensitivity or see fringes of color, or after images, when they look away from the screen. Here we have some best natural helpful tips to treat this problem without any side effect.
Natural Tips for Tired and Puffy Eyes Due to Excessive use of Computer/Mobile
Aloe Vera Gel with Nigella Seeds Oil
Add 4-5 drops of Nigella Seeds oil in 3-4 tablespoons of Aloe Vera gel and use it on cotton wool pads. Compress these pads on your eyes for 10-15 minutes not only improve blood circulation to the eyes also reduce symptoms of eyestrain. This is amazing tip to reduce puffiness and tiredness of eyes.
Chamomile and Rose Essential Oil
Make a mixture of chamomile and rose essential oil. Keep it in a bottle and daily use 1-2 drops in each eye before going to sleep or make a soft massage on your eyes and temple area. Best tip for red tired eyes due after a long day slaving over a computer screen.
Lemon Oil with Tomato Juice
Vitamin C and E in tomato and lemon oil and the powerful tomato extract lycopene, are best to reinforce the skin around the eyes. Very much refreshing on your computer and contact lens stained eyes.
Bilberry, Aloe Vera Gel with Rosewater
Make a mixture with 1 teaspoon of bilberry, 4-5 tablespoons of aloe vera gel and 1 tablespoon of rosewater. Keep the bottle in refrigerator and daily apply it on a cotton wool pad and apply it on your tired and puffy eyes for 15-20 minutes. Your skin felt moisturized, dewy soft and looked younger within 4-5 days. Also tighten skin round your eyes.
Cucumber, Potato Slices and Teabags
Using teabags, cucumber or potato slices on tired puffy eyes cools and soothes. This tip is also effective to reduce red eyes inflammation and redness due to excessive use of computer or mobile.
Other Helpful Tips for Tired and Puffy Eyes Due to Excessive use of Computer
- 1)The first thing to do is to ensure that your computer is in the best position.
- 2)Make sure you are sitting straight in front of it, about an arm’s length away.
- 3)The top of the screen should be at eye level or below so that you’re looking down slightly.
- 4)Your keyboard should be directly in front of the monitor. Your reference paper and books should be placed at the same level, angle and distance from your eyes.
- 5)To minimize glare from bright lights, put your light source at a right angle to the monitor.
- 6)To reduce eye strain, take periodic breaks from the screen and focus on more distant objects. Try to schedule a five minute break every hour. Stand up and move around or just lean back and close your eyes for a few minutes.
- 7)Make an effort to blink frequently. If your eyes are dry, you’re probably blinking less than normal when you look at the screen. If that doesn't help, get some artificial tears, which you can get from cutting onions.